Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 display products on front page using template
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jayceew
VP-CART New User

USA
114 Posts

Posted - October 04 2012 :  12:10:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,
I would like to be able to put products on the front page using a template or templates that calls all the info for the product into the template. I need a way to easily put a product on the front page using one of several templates. Is there a place on the front page code that will allow me to insert the code needed to call the template? v7.0 . The layout mgr. does not seem to allow this, unless there is a way to use multiple random product boxes? Or adapt the new products box maybe? There used to be a code modification that I used for this in v6

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - October 27 2012 :  03:19:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am actually not really know if i understanding what you described. i think default software already include tmp_frontpage.htm, that you can use it and modify it yourself to display other fields you wanted.

Diego.
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 27 2012 :  04:00:57  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we usually use this:
Product ShowCase (Enhanced Front-Page) Functions for VP-ASP - BYZ093:
http://www.bigyellowkey.com/product-showcase-enhanced-frontpage-for-vpasp-from-bigyellowzone-byz093.asp

it allows you to use different queries/templates for each "call" (ie you can have more than one type of display on the same page/panel etc), and it uses byz162 (included within it) so that you can then call showcase functions via the layout manager and move them around and disable them via that.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
www.BigYellowKey.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bigyellowzone
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: