Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP set-up problems
 W2003 Server Problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

americasgate
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - June 03 2005 :  14:44:26  Show Profile  Visit americasgate's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Had sotre running on W2K Server fine. Migrated over to Windows 2003 and getting the error below.

unknown langAdminUtility

Server.MapPath() error 'ASP 0172 : 80004005'

Invalid Path

/store/shop$db.asp, line 255

The Path parameter for the MapPath method must be a virtual path. A physical path was used.

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - June 03 2005 :  15:05:41  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's something that your host should correct for you if you ask them; they need to enable physical (and parent) paths on your setup. If they refuse to do so, then move hosts because it's something that needs to be enabled for almost anything to work properly.

If they quote microsoft's standard answer ("for security, we recommend that this is not enabled...") then just laugh in their face and go somewhere else because that's a spurious/incorrect solution.

You might have a similar error for "Parent paths are not allowed" - same logic/solution applies; get the host to enable it for you, and if they refuse to do so then use another host.

This is a change to the default setup between the different windows versions. Annoyingly microsoft changed the default setup to break most people's sites; but the host can override that default setting on a per-site or system-wide basis.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on June 03 2005 15:08:10
Go to Top of Page

americasgate
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - June 03 2005 :  15:08:45  Show Profile  Visit americasgate's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks - I am hosting on my own servers - so with your help this was an easy fix. I am brand new to 2003 so didn't even think of this/

Now I am getting a write error on the database?

Thanks...Tim

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00