Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Navigation Manager
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

taylorphoto
VP-CART New User

USA
53 Posts

Posted - January 15 2006 :  09:13:45  Show Profile  Visit taylorphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have followed the instructions for the flickering problem on the top menu of the shop front end but cannot get it to reload the menu.
Using the instructions from: http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shoptocdetail.asp?id=600&cat=Navigation+Manager
I followed the instructions and then went to admin to "reload menu". When I click "reload Menu" it immediately displays a "page not found" screen.
Any ideas?

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 15 2006 :  09:15:43  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

Your web host must set read/write permissions on the Editor folder for the menu to work.

Once this is done the changes will appear.

Thank you
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

taylorphoto
VP-CART New User

USA
53 Posts

Posted - January 15 2006 :  09:33:11  Show Profile  Visit taylorphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I set the permissions to read/write (for editor folder and ALL subfolders) but it still errors out.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 15 2006 :  09:39:39  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How did you set the permisisons/

Generally it is the web host who must set these permissions.

We would need to look more closely at this if it was the web host who st them for you.

By default the display of true error messages is masked within Internet Explorer. To change this can you please set your browser to display non friendly error messages.

Go into the Tools > Internet Options > Advanced.

Scroll down until you get to:

Show friendly HTTP Error Messages.

Ensure this setting is unchecked.

Once this is done it will display an error message that can be used for debugging purposes.

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

taylorphoto
VP-CART New User

USA
53 Posts

Posted - January 15 2006 :  09:41:26  Show Profile  Visit taylorphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
got rid of friendly http errors and received this when trying to "reload menu"
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

Permission denied

/nspsecureshop/shopa_navigation_create.asp, line 303
Go to Top of Page

taylorphoto
VP-CART New User

USA
53 Posts

Posted - January 15 2006 :  09:42:32  Show Profile  Visit taylorphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
P.S. I can go into control panel and set my own permissions. This is how I made my database folder read/write, etc
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 15 2006 :  09:46:02  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Read/Write needs to be set for the Everyone user for the Editor folder.

This is a permissions issue so you may need o ask youer web host to set this for you.

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

taylorphoto
VP-CART New User

USA
53 Posts

Posted - January 15 2006 :  09:50:03  Show Profile  Visit taylorphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When you say "everyone" do you mean annonymous read/write? I use discountasp.net and am capable of setting permissions for annoymous access to all my folders (i do this frequently for various things I try). I have created upload folders, database folders, etc all with annoymous read/write access.
It seems from the error that it's trying to "write" in the higher level folder above the "editor" folder the one named "nspsecureshop". Perhaps I should assign read/write for that folder as well?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 16 2006 :  06:26:55  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When using the CrystlaTech admin their setting was for the Everyone user.

I am not familiar with your system so can only guess.

To debug this we would require access to the site.

If you want us to look at this please post a ticket in the Help Desk with your full site details by clicking on the blue FTP button.

Thank you
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00