Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Don''t Know What wrong?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trichau
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - June 05 2006 :  23:45:44  Show Profile  Visit Trichau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just moved my Website from the hosting company server to my own server, “Windows 2003 small busses Edition with MS SQL 2005 Standard Edition.” The Website is working fine and I could update “Price” and “Stock Update” but couldn’t add more other categories or copy an existing Product/Item. Can you tell me what is wrong? And I have tested MS SQL database and they have passed

Welcome to the VP-ASP Diagnostics Centre. This tool will help you diagnose any problems with your database settings, email settings and file permissions.

Database Read PASS!

Database Write PASS!

Database Permissions PASS!

Welcome to the VP-ASP Diagnostics Centre. This tool will help you diagnose any problems with your database settings, email settings and file permissions.

Mailing using CDOSYS PASS!

Reading F:\xxxxx.com\xxxxx.com\Store05-17-06\$license.txt PASS!

Thanks
Tri

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 05 2006 :  23:53:23  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Tri,

This sounds like an issue you may want to raise in our helpdesk at http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk

When logging the ticket could you please enter your FTP and admin details using the form at the top of the ticket.

Thank you

Dean
VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

Trichau
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - June 08 2006 :  11:40:47  Show Profile  Visit Trichau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When I moved from sql 2000 to sql 2005, the auto increment on the ID was removed then we had to check every table.

Thanks for the help Dean, everthing works fine now.

Tri Chau
Go to Top of Page

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - June 08 2006 :  13:26:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
--------------
Trichau:
When I moved from sql 2000 to sql 2005, the auto increment on the ID was removed then we had to check every table.
Thanks for the help Dean, everthing works fine now.
Tri Chau
------------

I'm experiencing curious problems with SQL2005 after migrating from SQL2000. Could you explain what auto increment does, and how one goes about fixing it?
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - June 09 2006 :  06:41:43  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you want to force the ID on a table to start from a given number for subsequent records created, you can use the "RESEED" command in sqlserver:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/tsqlref/ts_dbcc_5lv8.asp

DBCC CHECKIDENT ('table_name', RESEED, new_reseed_value)

to see what the latest ID value is on the table, you can do this in the "Advanced Query":

select max(catalogid) from products

you can then "reseed" from that value (plus 1 to be safe)

But you'd need to check/do that *after* you've checked whether or not the column is set to "identity"

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on June 09 2006 06:44:04
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000