Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Minicart format, category nav table etc.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Davidvdw
Starting Member

South Africa
15 Posts

Posted - June 27 2004 :  13:30:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howzit VPASP forum,

Can you help me with the following :

1. When I put the minicart on the front page in a side column it puts a space of a few cm's between its table and whatever precedes it. Why? I can't see a reason for this in the table definition for it in shopcolors file. If you want to test it, its at www.mediaxchange.co.za/default.asp There are two products listed in rock and pop so you can ad them to view the mini basket.

2. The category hyperlink list generated by navigateshowallcategories appears in white with large arial font. I'm blowed if I can find where to set the background of this table and also the font characteristics.

In anticipation, thanks.

Dave

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - June 27 2004 :  13:59:20  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the category links have no class, so they just use the default link classes defined in the style sheet.

Both these functions (NavigateShowAllCategories and NavigateShowMiniCart [and NavigateShowCategories]) are in:

shopproductsubs.asp

There's a line in NavigateShowMiniCart which is creating the spurious extra space:
response.write "<center><br><br>"

just change that to:
response.write "<center>"

Also, some of these functions are forms, and in internet explorer the form tag forces spurious blankspace if it's done inside an html column, so the form tag needs to be taken out of the main column content and put between <tr> and <td>,
eg:
use:
<tr>
<form name=blah>
<td>Your contents</td>
</form>
</tr>

instead of:

<tr>
<td>
<form name=blah>
Your contents
</form>
</td>
</tr>

to change the style of the category link list, either change the A: settings in shop.css which'll change all your link styles, or create another link style as a copy of A: and then use that in NavigateShowCategories so that it looks something like this:

if hasSubcategory ="" then
mylink="<a class=""yourcatclass"" HREF=""shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=" & cid & "&cat=" & Server.URLEncode(name) & """>" & name & "</a>"
else
mylink="<a class=""yourcatclass"" HREF=""shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=" & cid & "&cat=" & Server.URLEncode(name) & """>" & name & "...</a>"
end if

with a setting created in shop.css something like:

.yourcatclass
{
FONT-WEIGHT: bold;
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
COLOR: black;
FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma, Verdana;
TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}

Simon Barnaby
Developer