Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Using drop-down menus to add Products
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rhigman
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - September 11 2002 :  13:44:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I am looking for a way to customize the way that data is entered in the "Products: New Record" page. Right now, there are mostly just text fields where one has to type in the data manually (eg, Condition = Very Fine), but this could lead to errors and typos.

Is there any way to use a list box or drop-down menu (populated by another table or field in the database) to present a pre-arranged set of options for a Product field, rather than being limited by the text fields that are currently there (eg, a list box filled with "Superb/Fine/Very Fine/See Descr" as options for the field "Condition")? I know that "Categories" and "Sub-Categories" already use list boxes to present their options, but I could not find any way of doing this for the other standard entry fields.

I considered using "Product Features" to accomplish this, but they really seem more suited to small sets of options that will all be displayed to the user (eg Available Shirt Sizes, S M L XL). I know that I could create a single feature for every option of my inventory, but this seems to be impractical, and I am not sure if I could use Product Features as a search criteria, which is critical.

If anyone has any clues as to how I could solve this puzzle, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00