Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Error: catmemostart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maduko
VP-CART New User

52 Posts

Posted - March 01 2004 :  06:45:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Added some text to the Category Memo field and now I get an error in shopdisplaycategories.asp, the catmemostart is undefined.

Anyone else experience this?

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 01 2004 :  09:52:32  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what's the exact error message that you're getting ?

it might be that you've used a special/reserved character in the text, such as a double-quote; you'd need to deal with those differently using 2 sets of double-quotes, and/or chr(34)

the actual catmemo data itself shouldn't need this special-workaround to print properly; you'd only need to apply this to constants such as the catmemostart value.

eg: if you want the catmemostart value to print the following to your html output:

<font face='tahoma'>Here "Is" The CatMemoText:

then the command would be:

const catmemostart="<font face='tahoma'>Here ""Is"" The CatMemoText:"

or:

const catmemostart="<font face='tahoma'>Here "&chr(34)&"Is"&chr(34)&" The CatMemoText:"

Edited by - devshb on March 01 2004 10:02:27
Go to Top of Page

maduko
VP-CART New User

52 Posts

Posted - March 07 2004 :  21:05:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't copy the exact message at the time. When I have a chance to turn the feature back on and put some text in there I will copy it off. It essentially said catmemostart was undefined.

But no, there were not any questionable " % ' characters involved. It was just plain text with a period.

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 08 2004 :  02:58:23  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what version of vp-asp are you using ?

in v4.5 and onwards, catmemostart and catmemoend were created as new constants in shop$colors.asp, so in shop$colors.asp you should have the following lines in there somewhere:

const catmemostart="<p align=center><font face='tahoma,arial,verdana'>"
const catmemoend="</font></p>"

it sounds like those lines are missing or have incorrect syntax. or, an alternative might be that there's a missing quote on previous lines which is causing one constant's text value to include actual vbscript code later on.

Go to Top of Page

maduko
VP-CART New User

52 Posts

Posted - March 08 2004 :  08:53:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks!

For some odd reason we're using the version 4 colors file and have the version 5 file renamed. Hmmph.

Probably had a good reason for that at the time. Wonder what it was?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00