Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Real time UPS shipping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

golden123
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - September 18 2003 :  19:07:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I am getting the following error message using the MS XML dll 4.0

- does anyone know what it is?

UPS rates failed with the following message
1100The requested service is invalid from the selected origin.

- thanks,
gary

Joshp97
Starting Member

USA
32 Posts

Posted - September 25 2003 :  18:24:16  Show Profile  Visit Joshp97's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There has been much discussion on the customer forum regarding this error. Some believe it is due to sending a zip +4 to UPS. I don't think that is the case I think it is because the XML interface has changed. an 1100 erro basically means you are trying to ship with the wrong service type for that shipment (its a ground by you are telling UPS its express, etc)

I rewrote the interface to UPS's xml and am having no problems with it.

Josh

http://www.HQgear.com
Online customization and ordering of Promotional Products!
Fast & Easy! Best Prices online!
Go to Top of Page

justin123
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - December 04 2003 :  16:36:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same here someone must know

Go to Top of Page

bretneal
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - December 19 2003 :  14:04:08  Show Profile  Visit bretneal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The customer profile stores the IP Address that it originated from. If your ip does not match the error pops up. I get it when I try to enter an order from an existing customer (For shipping calculation testing reasons) my IP address does not match the one in the customer proifile hence "selected" origin.

I feel ths is a major bug, if someones IP changes (ie. dialup internet or change of ISP), there profile is no good any more, and they may get frustrated and never return.

Go to Top of Page

bretneal
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - December 19 2003 :  14:14:16  Show Profile  Visit bretneal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did some more research, and there is more to it. I am not sure how, but I know the customer profile is the problem. I tried to set cookiequestion to false and that did nothing. If I figure anything else out, I will let you know.

Go to Top of Page

bretneal
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - December 24 2003 :  13:58:12  Show Profile  Visit bretneal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I figured it out, view my new post.

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2227

Go to Top of Page

Comissar
Starting Member

Ukraine
1 Posts

Posted - March 02 2004 :  11:52:41  Show Profile  Visit Comissar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know two way to getting tis error:
- error in weight calculation or weight=0;
- illegal ZIP code.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00