Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Australia Post interface calculator
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rustytec
VP-CART New User

Australia
113 Posts

Posted - January 06 2006 :  06:24:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi,

I was wondering if anyone has used the Australia Post, postage calculation interface?

I have it working on my office server, but am unsure as to how well it will handle in the 'real world'.

Anyone have an experience with it?
thanks

rustytec

Russ

Tyssen
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - March 01 2006 :  17:17:57  Show Profile  Visit Tyssen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We're using it on our site and it seems to work OK. The problem I'm looking into now is whether it can work with international orders.
Go to Top of Page

rustytec
VP-CART New User

Australia
113 Posts

Posted - March 02 2006 :  04:26:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks Tyssen,

Do you find that it gives 'realistic' prices. I mean do you add a handling fee, or insurance?

Does your items run on packaged weight?

I'm kinda worried that when it is all up and running, that I will end up out of pocket with postages.
I need to send items either registered and insured or express if less than $100 and less than 3kg.

Not sure here how to really get it going right for me yet. Need more input I think.

thanks for the reply though.

Russ
rustytec
Go to Top of Page

Tyssen
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - March 02 2006 :  16:30:59  Show Profile  Visit Tyssen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorted out my problem with international shipping (for anyone else who's interested). You need to comment out these lines from austpostrealinterface.asp:

if Len(sDestZip) > 4 then
Serror=Serror & "Post Code cannot be greater than 4 digits<br>"
end if

As for how it works, it's calculated by weight and returns exactly the same values as if you use the postage rate calculator on the AustPost site. However, it only handles basic packages up to 20kg, so doesn't cover the cost of sending items registered.

Handling is a separate routine within VPASP and doesn't have anything to do with the shipping calculation.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00