Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 A few questions- hope someone can help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

schitz011
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - March 15 2006 :  02:20:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rather than post a load of different questions I thought I'd post one post and ask a few and see if anyone can help.

1. on shopquestion.asp, how does one remove shopheader and trailer? (using it in a pop-up window) and where does one add a 'close window' tag in shopquesion.asp?

2. my products are only singles (i.e you can't buy more than 1 of each)
How do I remove the quantity column from the shopping cart?

3. A lot of my products are priced based on usage. Is there a way that one can put all the products one needs into the cart and have a link saying something to the effect of 'request quote for products' and have a box or fields where they can specify usage which will then get emailed to me (similar to an order) Alternatively is there a way to have shopconfigurator to link to each product I specifiy? (I know there is no support for Shopkitconfig.asp aside for a few little notes in the developers guide. If I wish to have it work for each product would the code look like this:

$ Shopkitconfig.asp?catalogid=[catalogid] ?

4. When using product features. Assuming my base price is 0 and small, medium and large are my fields. How does one get it to display simply the price 'Small $1000' rather than 'Small +$1000'

5. Please for the love of all that is good, how does one add a product to the cart through a pop-up extended description without having the cart display show-up in that window?

I know this is a marathon post, but the seem like simple questions..
Any help would be most apprecaited.

Alex

schitz011
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - March 15 2006 :  03:48:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in repsonse to question 5 I have found an answer..

Instead of having [special_orderbutton] one replaces that code with the following:
'<form method="POST" name="formexd" action="shopaddtocart.asp" onsubmit="self.close();">
[ADD_TABLE]
[ADD_PRODUCTFEATURES]
[ADD_ORDERBUTTON]
[ADD_PRODUCT]
[ADD_TABLEEND]
[ADD_FORMEND]'

This works fine IE, but not in Firefox (it closes the window but doesn't add item to cart)

anyone know why fireox doesn't like it?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00